Pin Grading Scale
Enamel pins are handmade items that have natural variations and slight flaws that can occur during the production process. No pin will be perfect and every pin maker's grading standard varies. This is our system.
Standard Grades / A Grade
No major defects but may exhibit very minor imperfections that can only be seen under close inspection.
- Stray glitter
- Wiggly posts
- Low-fill enamel in small areas
- Slightly misaligned screen printing
- Small traces of random debris (dust, fuzz, etc.)
- Tiny bubbles in enamel, glitter or epoxy coating
- Light scuffing / scratches / dents / enamel bleeding
- Slight discoloration and imperfections in / on the metal plating on the sides and /or back of the pin
B Grades / Seconds
Noticeable minor defects, however, very close to being Standard grade pin.
- Moving posts
- Low-fill in large areas
- Chipped metal plating
- Discoloration / staining
- Minor discoloration / tarnished plating
- Missing enamel / plating
- Wrong enamel fill colors
- Large dents / divots / scratches
- Missing or badly printed screen printing
- Excessive bubbles / scratches / dents / divots
- Foreign materials embedded in enamel, glitter or epoxy
Very visible multiple minor and / or major defects. Perfect for those on a budget, not picky about quality issues and wearing on outerwear such as jackets and / or backpacks. In addition to defects mentioned above, C grades may also have...
- Significant Discoloration / tarnished plating
By purchasing my pins you agree to the grading conditions. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message us.